In this article, we will show you how to add Sales Tax to the billed amount. Sales tax is a tax collected from the buyer at point of purchase. It is usually paid to a governing body by the retail outlet.
By the end of this article, you will be able to feature Sales Tax as part of the bill as shown below:
The procedure to configure Sales Tax is the same as in the previous article. Click "Store" -> "Configuration":
Click “Add a tax rate”. You will notice the VAT tax created earlier:
In the new page, fill in tax details just you like did for VAT tax:
· Title: I have provided “Sales Tax”.
· Display title: This field is not mandatory. I have provided “Sales Tax”.
· Description: I have provided a brief description about Sales Tax here
· Rate: How much do you wish to charge as Sales Tax? Provide the value in decimal format. I want to impose a tax of 5%. So I typed in .05..
· Type: I chose “Sales Tax” from the dropdown.
Click “Save tax rate”:
The newly created tax is saved:
Let’s now check out a product and confirm whether Sales Tax reflects in the bill:
The Sales Tax will be reflected when you are asked to confirm your cart:
You can choose to keep either Sales Tax or VAT. Feel free to delete the tax that’s not required for your country.