If you are starting to learn Drupal 8, you are probably overwhelmed by the number of blog posts that offer free tutorials on different aspects of Drupal 8. The only way to find all these tutorials is to search online. In this post, we have created an exhaustive list of the free resources online for mastering Drupal 8, organized by categories. Use these links as a reference when starting on your next Drupal 8 learning expedition. Perform a Ctrl+F search to quicky find the topic of your choice.
1. Preparing your site for Drupal 8 – A detailed write-up on what you should look out for.
2. A wonderful presentation by Drupal Association – [1 Hour Video]
3. System requirements – Get familiarized with Server and Database requirements.
4. FAQs – The most frequently asked questions.
5. Drupal 8: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly! - [12-slide presentation]
6. Drupal 101: Installing Drupal 8 – An overview of the process
7. How to install Drupal 8 with MAMP – Featuring an article and video
8. How to install Drupal 8 in a Linux server – Featuring an article and video
9. 10 new features in Drupal 8 Core – A detailed look from the Acquia blog
10. Getting up to speed with Drupal 8 – A 50-Minute Podcast
11. Drupal 8 Administration is Faster, Cheaper and Easier! – Drupal 8 is full of features!
12. 6 Modules you should avoid before Drupal 8 arrives – An interesting list of modules compiled by OSTraining.
13. An introduction to Drupal 8 – [1-Hour Video]
14. Beginner's guide to Drupal 8 – A detailed course covering the basics
15. Drupal 8 for beginners – Course that explains the site building process
16. What to expect – A preview [1-Hour Video]
17. Getting Started – [1-Hour Video]
18. Drupal 7 vs. Drupal 8 presentation – A look at what’s different.
19. Why you should be excited – [3-Minute Video]
20. D8 Activity Cards – Activity-based cards to help Drupal 7 users make the jump to Drupal 8
21. Manually installing Drupal 8 – Creating database and running Drupal installer
22. Fixing magic_quotes error during installation – Resolving error that appears during manual installation
23. Logging into the Administrator Dashboard – Screenshots guiding you through the process
24. Changing Admin password – Screenshots guiding you through the process
25. Resetting password – Screenshots guiding you through the process
26. Installing Drupal 8 and Initializing a GitHub Repo – [15-Minute Video]
27. Installing Drupal 8 Beta – [6-Minute Video]
28. 10 Ways Drupal 8 Will Be More Secure – Understanding Drupal's security levels
29. Extending and developing Drupal 8 – Exploring why the new platform is a winner!
30. 3 Secret Features in Drupal 8 – An interesting read
31. What's the big deal about Drupal 8? – Talking about how amazing it is!
32. Up and Running with Drupal 8 – Performing installation steps
33. Our First Site Built with Drupal 8 – How we did it
34. Resolving issues on WAMPServer during installation – Checking out error messages
35. Setting up Drupal 8 with Composer – Working with the official project template
36. Installing Drupal 8 and Composer on Windows 10 Bash – Step-by-step instructions
37. 6 Steps to become a Drupal 8 developer – Lists some skills you will have to acquire to become the ideal Drupal 8 developer.
38. Getting introduced to Object Oriented PHP – A basic intro.
39. Object Oriented PHP – An exhaustive list of links to learn PHP through Object Oriented lenses.
40. Object Oriented Programming in PHP - A detailed analysis
41. Installing Drush – [8-Minute Video]
42. Developer Prep Course – Video tutorial series
43. Using Drupal Console with Drupal 8 – A presentation by Jesus Manuel Olivas.
44. Some more Drush commands – Working around with Drush 7 commands.
45. Entity View Hooks – Working with the hook_node_view.
46. Updating the Search API:
1. Creating an entity type – Creating a basic configuration entity
2. Configuration and schema – Covering Configuration API and schema
3. Creating your own service – Understanding and creating a service
4. Creating plugin types – Understanding and creating a plugin
47. Drupal 8 and MongoDB – [40-Minute Video]
48. Getting started with forms – An intro to using forms in Drupal 8
49. Difference between procedural and Object Oriented Programming – [4-Minute Video]
50. How to install BuildAModule's Drupal 8 snapshot – [4-Minute Video]
51. Comparing adding pages in Drupal 7 and Drupal 8 – [1-Minute Video]
52. Drupal 8 for site builders – [50- Minute Video]
53. Building fast websites – [53- Minute Video]
54. Intro to Drupal 8 Vocabulary – [36-Minute Video]
55. Vocabulary: An Intro
56. Drupal 8 Custom Plugin Types – Exploring the plugin system
57. Configure PHPStorm to debug Drupal 8 – A detailed guide
58. Intro to using Drupal and Composer – Understanding Composer
59. Working with settings.local.php – What’s new
60. Learning Object-Oriented PHP
1. Understanding Object Oriented PHP - Getting started with the basics
2. Getting acquainted with the concept of Inheritance – With code examples
3. Getting acquainted with the concept of Dependency Injection - With code examples
4. Getting acquainted with the concept of Interface – With code examples
5. Getting acquainted with the concept of Traits – With code examples
61. Introducing Drupal 8's Entity Validation API – Understanding the effectiveness of this API
62. Adding responsive images – Preparing your site to handle responsive images
63. Logging messages – Creating the equivalent of Drupal 7's watchdog() function
64. Dynamic Page Cache – Getting to know Dynamic Page Cache
65. Using Drush 8 – What you need to know
66. Installing with MAMP – Getting introduced to Drupal 8 installation with MAMP
67. Updating your Nginx config to support Drupal 8 – How to update present configuration?
68. aGov for Drupal 8 – Discussing the first Alpha release
69. Adding a custom Date Format – The process is a lot simpler
70. Exploring what's new with Comments – Discovering the revamped Comments feature
71. Replacing hook_drush_command() by a YAML file – Creating a hook_drush_command() that is a nested array of numbers and strings
72. Creating Adaptable Content – Understanding the concept
73. Content types – Exploring the different Content Types available
74. How to create a basic page – Creating pages to display static content
75. Adding a new article – Creating pages to display dynamic content
76. Creating a custom content type – Defining a content type of your choice
77. Adding a node to a menu – Adding a content page to the menu
78. Changing aliases for nodes – Adding descriptive identifiers for URLs
79. Creating a new revision – A new feature
80. Promoting content to the front page – Displaying content on the homepage
81. Changing content preview length – Changing the length of content on homepage
82. Changing content on your homepage – Making changes to homepage content
83. Using the Drupal 8 Contrib Porting Tracker – Making porting of contrib projects a lot easier
84. Extending and developing Drupal 8 – Exploring the way to extend and develop the platform
85. Real World Drupal 8 For Front-End Developers – Why Developers will love Drupal 8
86. Working with Responsive Images – Creating images that work on all computing platforms
87. Headless Hello World – Creating a simple Headless Hello World
88. Enabling the classloader cache – Working with the code
89. Creating the Drupal Cron Queue worker – Defining your own QueueWorker plugin
90. Configuration tips for developers – Useful tips and examples
91. Goodbye Drush Make, Hello Composer: Installing and setting up a project with Composer
92. Clientside validation for Drupal 8 – Working with 2 modules for clientside validation
93. Life after hook_page_alter – Checking out the new hooks
94. Working with Gulp and BrowserSync – Performing front-end testing
95. Setting up a multi-site – Working with cPanel
96. User registration and login only with e-mail address – A simple resolution with code
97. Drupal 8 Developer Experience – [35-Minute Video]
98. Drupal 8 info for CTOs – 24 important highlights
99. High Availability Drupal 8 on Microsoft Azure – Going through the components required for working with Microsoft Azure
100. Working with Vagrant and Docker – [20-Minute Video]
101. Queue API – Placing items in a queue to run later
102. Porting Entityqueue to Drupal 8 – Lessons learnt
103. Checking for a specific user role – Using code
104. Benchmarking PHP 7 vs HHVM – Using Drupal 8.0.1 as the platform
105. Building edge-to-edge sites using Paragraphs Module – Creating Paragraph types
106. Create powerful container paragraphs – Using container and nest paragraph types
107. Getting acquainted with BigPipe – Enhancing page load times
108. Working with hook_form_alter() - Working with code
109. Building a custom calendar module in Drupal 8 – Performing the steps programmatically
110. Unloading jQuery – Getting rid of jQuery dependencies when not required
111. From Request to Response – A journey into Drupal 8 internals
112. Building Multi-step forms – Using code
113. Adding new html tags – Using #attached
114. Exploring Cache API – Examining improvements over Drupal 7
115. Continuous Translation in Drupal 8 - The Lingotek Experience
116. How to build Drupal 8 Slideshows – Setting up your first Slideshow
117. Arriving at the right Drupal 8 test – An analysis
118. Installation in Windows with XAMPP – Working with the XAMPP package
119. Drush 8 on Mac OSX and MAMP – Running on OS X El Capitan
120. Scheduled Updates module – Exploring how it works
121. Tour module – Understanding the module
122. "Fields pending deletion" exception – An easy fix
123. Redesigning the content creation page – Understanding the process
124. Admin Toolbar – Understanding the functionality
125. Managing articles using Taxonomy – Creating Vocabulary
126. Trick to style Views Fields – Using functions
127. Internal Page Cache and Internal Dynamic Page Cache – Exploring new modules
128. Installing and using Swift Mailer
– Working with the Alpha1 version
- Configuration & Implementation
129. Display Extender Plugin – Understanding the plugin
130. Understanding Logging – Working with logs
131. Image styles and sizes in Drupal 8 – Optimizing images
132. 10 Pointers for new developers – Insights for newbies
133. Cheatsheet for Developers – Convenient coding tips
134. Decorated services in Drupal 8 – Understanding services
135. Contact + Contact Storage (contrib) Module as a Webform/Entityform Replacement – Getting rid of inadequacies in Drupal 8
136. Working with Metatag module – Understanding this module
137. Display Paragraphs Edge-to-edge using Bootstrap – Configuring Bootstrap theme and modifying the page template
138. Differences between Simple XML Sitemap AND XML Sitemap – Understanding the features of each module
139. Understanding Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) module – Creating pages that are compliant with AMP standards
140. Image Effects module – Working with its features
141. Generating URLs and Redirects – Moving on from l(), drupal_get_destination() and drupal_goto()
142. Understanding Drupal Console – Getting acquainted with the CLI tool
143. Breadcrumbs – Adding the current page
144. Adding Disqus comments – Installing the module and configuring the site
145. Admin Best Practices – Understanding roles
146. Creating pop-up windows – Exploring the convenience offered by modal windows
147. Web services – An intro by Larry Garfield
148. Drupal development tips – Quality and helpful pointers
150. Understanding Page Manager and Panels – [14-Minute Video]
151. Typed Data and data validation – Understanding the concept
152. Service module – Understanding the working
153. Base Entity Types – Exploring differences between Configuration Entity and Content Entity
154. Working with Block Visibility Groups - Creating Conditional Layouts
155. Creating custom HTML Classes in a Block Region – Using Classy as base theme
156. Enabling "Development mode" on a local Drupal 8 site - Going through the steps
157. Deploying Drupal 8 Pantheon Site locally on Acquia Dev Desktop – Steps for easier install
158. Disabling cache during development – Understanding the caching mechanism
159. Updating the core – Manual updation
160. Understanding Linkit - What does it do
161. Using Cache Tags with Varnish and Purge - Making cached content expiration easier
162. Search API – [3-Minute Video]
163. Exploring simpleSAMLphp Authentication – A detailed look at its working
164. Site building – Modeling data with fields
165. Drupal development tips – [6-Minute Video]
166. Overriding configuration values in settings.php – An example of a simple config form value override
167. Writing custom Drush commands – Understanding what's different from Drupal 7
168. Injecting services in plugins – Understanding the basics
169. Exploring the Supercache module – Understanding how it boosts performance
170. Exploring the Coffee module – Learning what it does
171. Using AppCache to take a website offline - A brief look
172. Learning about Origin Pull CDN - Understanding its working
173. Super Login module – Understanding its potential
174. Developing Drupal 8 as a help center - Working with the WalkHub Help Widget
175. Understanding the breakpoints.yml file better – What is its purpose?
176. Sharing Breakpoints Between Drupal 8 and Sass – Understanding capabilities of the Breakpoint module
177. Upgrade paths between Drupal 8 module versions – Using code
178. Working with the Layout Plugin module to create layouts – [7 Minute video]
179. Exploring Monolog module – Making use of the Monolog PHP logging library
180. Exploring Display Suite module – Understanding its drag and drop interface
181. Inserting a contact form in a content type – Using the Contact Storage module
182. Porting Token module – A series of steps encountered
183. Introducing HTTP API for Drupal 8 Entity Queries – Working with Entity Query API
184. Hosting Drupal 8 on DigitalOcean – List of resources
185. Launching Inventory Control System – Using Commerce 8.x-2.0-alpha4 on Drupal 8.1
186. Migrating a custom JSON feed – Using Migrate Source JSON
187. Checking out the new /core/rebuild.php – A brief look at its prowess
188. Understanding PLUpload Integration – Working with the PLUpload widget
189. Saving and retrieving taxonomy terms – Programmatically
190. Using #Drupal Console and Composer For Faster Development – Set of instructions
191. Creating a Search Page - [10-Min Video + Screenshots]
192. Preparing a Search strategy – Understanding the ingredients
193. Understanding Decoupled Blocks Module – Examining a proven model
194. Exploring the Brightcove Video Connect module – Understanding its architecture
195. Running Drupal 8 on PHP 7 – Understanding how Drupal 8 deployment is possible
196. Understanding the new CKEditor plugins – A brief look
197. Understanding Faceted Search – Using Search API Solr and Facets
198. Understanding the Workbench module – What it has in store
199. Creating breadcrumbs – How different is it from Drupal 7?
200. Speeding up #Drupal8 block rendering – Using Blackfire.io
201. Restricting Access to Content – Using the Content Access module
202. Brief look at web service solutions - Comparison of different service modules
203. Programmatically granting a role to a user – It’s easier to accomplish than in Drupal 7
204. Retrieving Entities from MongoDB – Creating a plugin
205. Working with PathAuto – Step-by-step instructions with screenshots
206. Registering an Event Subscriber – Using Code
207. Working with Acquia Bolt – Understanding the development tool
208. Working with BEM inspired classes – Applying them to themes
209. Understanding Event Subscribers – Using them as alternative to Alter Hooks
210. Hosted Apache Solr – Supporting Search API Solr
211. Before starting your first project – 5 Recommendations
212. Organic Groups and Message Stack – Understanding its present state
213. Exploring the Media Entity module – Understanding what it has in store for you
214. Building forms – Using them as fieldable entities
215. Debugging – Understanding Kint
216. Understanding the Inline Entity Form module – What does it do?
217. Configuration Workflows – Exploring some workflows to manage site configuration
218. Adding a custom CKEditor plugin - Enhancing content authoring
219. Paragraphs vs. ECK – A comparison
220. Working with Drupal 8, Pantheon & GitKraken – An Introduction
221. Using the Template Method pattern – Working better with software design patterns
222. Creating a Form Table – Using code
223. Understanding Lightning distro module – Exploring the starter kit
224. Writing a PHPUnit test – Step-by-step procedure
225. Debugging site performance using Web Profiler - [11-Minute video]
226. Debugging – Disabling cache and displaying messages
227. Code snippets for Site Builders – Useful tips
228. Managing media – Understanding Media Entity module
229. Google Analytics module – Understanding its potential
230. Creating a CKEditor plugin – Uploading images in between paragraphs
231. Routing tricks – For better admin URLs
232. Adding language id to the body class – Adding them to themes
233. Injecting Dependencies – Using a Block plugin
234. Understanding Permissions by Term module – Exploring its utility value
235. Understanding BigPipe Drupal 8 module – Exploring its benefits
236. Adding ReactJS in Drupal 8 with Composer – Using code
237. Loading JS and CSS libraries in a Drupal 8 controller – Using code
238. Applying patches with Composer – Using code
239. Working with the QueueWorker plugin – Understanding the php files to be created
240. Overview of the Commerce 2.x module for online stores – Step-by-step instructions
241. Working with batch processes – Creating a module to test a scenario
242. Using the Entity Print module – Understanding its utility value
243. Understanding class aliasing – Working with namespaces
244. Creating a custom menu – Building your own menu from the Admin interface
245. Adding items to a menu – Adding links to your menu from the Admin interface
246. Assigning a menu to your pages – Using Block Layout to assign pages
247. Changing order of links in menus – Reassigning the order of links
248. Deleting a custom menu – Removing a menu you created
249. Disabling menus – Disabling main and secondary menus
250. Generating menu items – Learning about Derivative plugins
251. New Menu Management – Creating a custom menu
252. Menus, Console and Entity load/save basics – Understanding Drupal Console and the Menu System better
253. Working with db_select – Seeing the queries being generated
254. Changing user display name – A simple run through the process
255. Understanding the CKEditor CodeSnippet module – A step-by-step guide
256. Incremental upgradation to Drupal 8 – [13-Minute Video]
257. Creating a custom field – With sample code
258. Understanding the Twig Tweak module – A step-by-step guide
259. Sending a mail programmatically – With code
260. Getting started with theme development – Using the Drupal Console
261. Accessibility features - What's different from Drupal 7
262. Modules for site builders – A few useful and must-have modules
263. Creating a custom Views Sort plugin – With code and screenshots
264. Styling the HTML <select> tag so that it appears similar in different browsers – Using code
265. Configuring SMTP using Swift Mailer Module - Understanding the module
266. Working with Lightning, a Drupal 8 distribution - Understanding its value
267. Applying patches using Composer - A step-by-step guide
268. Dries talks about Views in Drupal 8
269. Guide to Views in Core – Learn about Drupal 8’s brand-new feature.
270. How to create a View – Detailed article featuring screenshots.
271. Exploring the improved displays in Views – The new view displays are worth a try!
272. Creating your first RESTful View – Learn how Views interact with REST services in Drupal 8.
273. Creating custom Views field – Adding a field to any node-based View.
274. Creating custom Views filter – Adding a custom filter to the view.
275. Display Modes – A 14-Minute Video
276. Adding a Views filter – Using code to achieve this
278. Using views in Drupal 8 – A basic run-through
279. Creating Tabs with Views – [3-Minute Video]
280. Attaching a CSS or JS library to a View – Using a custom module
Twig - Drupal 8's new Avatar
281. What’s new for Themers? – An intro to Twig and what’s new in Drupal 8 theming.
282. Theming Fundamentals – Building a theme from scratch.
283. The anatomy of Theming – A deeper look into how theming works in Drupal 8.
284. Twig and Responsive Images – 1-Hour Podcast
285. An analysis of base themes - which ones are working and which are not
286. Themes for beginners – An overview of easy to deploy themes
287. Discovering theme creation in Drupal 8 – Exploring in detail
288. Building a theme – Using Sass, Singularity, Breakpoint, LiveReload and Gulp
289. Getting twiggy with it! – Converting an existing theme to a Drupal 8 one.
290. Theme with Sass, Singularity & Breakpoint – An exhaustive theming article.
291. Debugging Twig – Working with the debug option.
292. DrupalCamp Theming Presentation – [Link to PDF in page]
293. Building a theme – A look at what’s changed in Drupal 8.
294. Enabling/disabling themes – Enable and disable themes via the admin console
295. Uploading a new theme – Customize a site by uploading a theme of your choice
296. Changing the default theme – Setting another theme as the default one
297. Changing color sets – Exploring different color options
298. Customizing theme colors – Choosing custom colors for a site
299. Disabling Drupal logo – Disabling logo from the header
300. Setting custom logos – Adding a logo of your choice
301. Uploading a custom favicon – Replacing the stock Drupal favicon
302. Modules Unraveled: All you need to know about theming – [1 Hour Podcast]
303. Up and Theming with Drupal 8 – Learning what's new
304. How to use theme libraries – Configuring themes with .yml files
305. Adding Google Fonts to a Drupal 8 Theme - Using the libraries method
306. Installing a Bootstrap subtheme – Using CDN
307. Using Twig – Comparison with PHPTemplate
308. Creating links within Twig Templates using path() and url() – Working with routes
309. Working with Twig – Creating a theme
310. Theming tips for developers – Understanding the concept of themes
311. Defining and using libraries - New functionality for Theming
312. Theming Best Practices - Understanding theming
313. 5 Ready Themes – Helping themers have a better experience
314. Theming Views – Custom Style Plugins
315. Choosing Modules and Themes – Based on Drupal 8 compatibility as of March 30, 2016
316. Building theme using Bootstrap and LESS – A step-by-step guide
317. Including SVG icons in a Drupal 8 theme – Using Gulp
318. Create a custom Twig filter – Using an example
319. Crafting custom Theme Hook Suggestions and Templates – With code and screenshots
320. Using the right tools for theming – 5 recommended tools
321. Working with base core themes – Understanding their worthiness
322. Debugging TWIG templates – Using PHPStorm and XDebug
323. An intro to Configuration Management (Part 1) – A look at how the configuration system works.
324. An intro to Configuration Management (Part 2)
325. A complete introduction to Drupal 8 Configuration Management – To make a development-live site workflow
326. A walkthrough – Exploring the new Configuration Management system.
327. Working with the Configuration Module Filter in Drush 8 – Analyzing how --skip-modules flag can be helpful
328. An in-depth analysis of CMI – [50-Min Video]
329. Per environment config - Using Drush
330. CMI Overview – Understanding Configuration data
331. Drupal 8 Configuration Management – Solving the Configuration Conundrum
332. Configuration tips and examples – Making things easier for developers
333. Understanding the relevance of Configuration Management – Going through the basics
334. Configuration Workflows – Managing site configuration
335. Adding config to a Drupal 8 site – Understanding with a simple use case
336. Comparing the old and new Field API – Understanding what’s new.
337. Writing Custom Fields – An article that's based on presentations made at DrupalCamp London
338. Creating a custom field
1. Field type – Creating a field type file and providing details for it
2. Field Drupal widget – Creating a field widget to associate with the type
3. Field Formatter – Creating a formatter to associate with the type
339. Creating Custom Field Formatters in Drupal 8 – Defining a custom field formatter for an existing field.
340. 5 New Fields – Making things easier for users
341. Field API Series:
1. Field Formatters – Using Plugin API to create field formatters
2. Field Widgets – Using Plugin API to create fields
3. Entity Displays – Discussing Entity Field API
342. Display Suite Fields – Creating a custom Display Suite Field
343. Writing custom fields
1. Part 1
2. Part 2
344. An introduction to Blocks API – Getting used to Blocks API.
345. Creating a block – [30-Minute Video]
346. Creating a block in seconds – Using Console to build a block quickly.
347. Exploring the Block Plugin API – A walk through creating a block.
348. Creating a block programmatically – [Video & Screenshots]
349. Configuring a block – Creating a simple block type and adding a form for it.
350. Creating a custom block – A simple block creation via function.
351. Programmatically creating a block – A useful article for creating Blocks.
352. Understanding custom block types – Analyzing the two new modules
353. Adding CSS Classes to Blocks in Drupal 8 – Using code
354. Working with Custom Blocks – Using a script
355. Creating a Custom Block – Using script
356. Creating a custom block and assigning a region to it – With screenshots
357. Introduction to modules – All you need to know about modules
358. Activating modules – Enabling a module via the admin interface
359. Installing a module – Downloading and installing a module
360. My first Drupal 8 module – Creating a custom module.
361. Creating a simple module – Understanding what's changed
362. Creating your first module – Taking you through the steps
363. Say Hello World to Drupal 8! – How’s creating a module in Drupal 8 different from that of Drupal 7?
364. Exploring a new world of modules – An interesting write-up on what’s new.
365. Converting a Drupal 7 module into a Drupal 8 one – Exploring the steps required for module conversion.
366. Writing a Hello World module – Writing a module from scratch.
367. Creating a module – [10-Minute Video]
368. Module Development:
1. Getting started – Setting up a simple modules
2. Forms – Exploring the changes Symfony has brought about
3. Plugins – How plugins work with modules
369. Module Development Presentation – [Link to slides provided on page]
370. Build a Module:
1. Routing, Controllers and Menu Links – Looking at what's new
2. Blocks and Forms – Working with blocks and forms
3. Config and the Service Container – Working with ConfigFormBase
4. EntityFieldQuery – Checking out the new EntityFieldQuery class
5. Symfony Event Dispatcher – Exploring how the Symfony Event Dispatcher works
371. Creating your own simple module – [20-Minute Video]
372. Setting up basic module scaffolding – [3-Minute Video]
373. The .info.yml file, YAML and type attribute – [3-Minute Video]
374. Adding a page programmatically with a module – [6-Minute Video]
375. Adding a hook_page_alter() and hook_form_alter() – [5-Minute Video]
376. Reviewing code in Controller class file – [2-Minute Video]
377. Reviewing code in the routing.yml file - [3-Minute Video]
378. Reviewing code in the hook_menu() code – [1-Minute Video]
379. Creating your first module – A detailed approach with codes
380. Making a Drupal 8 Contrib Module – A 2-Hour Video
381. Creating links with custom classes in Drupal 8 Modules – A brief look
382. Building Drupal 8 modules – A comprehensive guide
Content Updates - the new Inline Editing feature
383. WYSIWYG and In-line Editing – [5-Minute Video]
384. Exploring Inline Editing in Drupal 8 – [9-Minute Video]
385. WYSIWYG, inline and responsive images – Exploring content updates.
386. Inline Editing – An in-depth look
387. Inline Editing – [3-Minute Video]
388. Enabling the Forum module – Enabling Forum module from the Admin section
389. Removing an existing forum – Screenshots show how to delete an existing forum
390. Creating a new forum – Screenshots show how to create a new forum
391. Configuring forum settings – Configuring settings from the Admin section
392. Configuring a contact form – Creating a form that accepts feedback and captures an email address
393. Adding a contact form to the menu – Attaching the form to the menu
394. Creating a blog and overview of Configuration API – [22-Minute Video]
395. Installing the Blog module – Enabling Blog module for your site
396. Making a blog entry – Adding blog entries
397. Creating a comment section – Creating and customizing the comment field
398. Disabling comments – Turning off comments for a specific post
399. Building a Blog
1. Content types and fields – Understanding the blog content type
2. Adding comments – Working with the Comment field
3. Using Views – Working with the Frontpage view
5. Creating and Managing Menus
400. What to expect – A look at how Drupal 8 will propel Drupal Commerce to become the best online retail solution ever!
Upgrade & Migration
401. Now or later? – An Acquia article
402. 3 Reasons for upgrading your Drupal 6 site – Getting mentally prepared for the upgrade.
403. Migration Checklist – A list of to-dos.
404. Upgrading considerations – What you should look out for
405. Getting Ready for Drupal 8 – Setting your priorities right!
406. Drupal 7 to Drupal 8 Migration – Observations
407. Migrating Nodes from Drupal 7 – Migrating the built-in Article content type and creating a dynamic migration path.
408. Migrating content – Talks about the in-built features available for facilitating migration.
409. On Drupal 6? Here are your options – An interactive presentation.
410. You should be Building in Drupal 8 now! - Understanding the scope
411. Migrating from Drupal 6 with a custom process plugin – Creating a custom plugin to make things easier for you
412. Improving Drupal 8 performance – Moving cache away from the Database
413. Using the Deploy module – Exploring how things work
414. A simple Drupal 7 to 8 migration – Exploring the functionality offered by Migrate
415. Updating Nginx Configuration – Updating Nginx config files for smooth transition to Drupal 8
416. Migration – A look at all the modules involved
417. Drupal 8 migration status and surprises – Migrating from Drupal 6
418. Migrating from a custom site – Exploring the Migration framework
419. Backup and Restore – Restoring a Drupal 8 site
420. Backing up a Drupal 8 Database to S3 with Drush & Jenkins – Using s3cmd
421. Deciding when to Upgrade – Looking at some reasons to take upgrades seriously
422. Exploring Migration in the core – Writing migrations
423. Reducing risks using Backup & Restore – Being prepared
424. Drupal 6 to 8 – Custom content migration
425. Upgrading to Drupal 8 - What you need to know
426. Custom Content Migration from Drupal 6 to 8.1 – Without code
427. Drupal 7 to 8 Migration – Observations
428. Getting the Install Profile ready for Drupal 8 - Understanding what's different
RESTful Web Services
429. Creating a standard RESTful Web Service – Trying out the new web services.
430. Creating a RESTful View – Creating your first RESTful View.
431. Drupal 8 RESTful services – [Webinar]
432. RESTful Web Services in 3 Easy Steps – Working with the RESTful API.
433. RESTful services in core – [22-Minute Video]
434. Using REST Export with Views - Exporting article content type through Views
435. How to create a REST API Export in Drupal 8 – It's a lot simpler than Drupal 7!
436. Retrieving Content Using Backbone.js – Using Backbone.js and Drupal 8 as a RESTFUL.API
437. REST Requests – Examining out-of-the-box features
438. 3 Tips for using REST APIs – Helpful hints
439. Creating a Multimedia Installation – Using REST API
440. REST-aware Routing – Understanding new API capabilities
441. Creating custom REST resources for POST methods – Using code
442. Using contact forms via REST – With code and screenshots
443. Understanding Drupal 8 REST module better – Going through REST basics
444. Understanding Drupal 8’s multi-lingual support – Exploring the world of multi-lingual sites.
445. New Multilingual Features – [14-Minute Video]
446. Drupal Multilingual Tutorial:
1. Language First – Exploring the language option during installation.
2. Core modules associated with languages – Checking out different modules associated with improving multilingual experience.
3. Language setup features – Exploring language setup features provided by Language module.
4. Detection and selection options – More flexible and sophisticated.
5. Language assignment – Extensive language recognition and assignment.
6. Right to left (RTL) language support – Exploring RTL language support.
7. Language visibility and filtering – Understanding the extent of language visibility.
8. Transliteration – Exploring the built-in transliteration support.
9. Automated translation downloads – Checking out translation updates.
10. Translation API – Exploring the new APIs for software translation.
11. String customizations tracked – Tracking customizations done to translation preferences.
12. English language setting improvements – Configuring English as a translation target.
13. Enhanced software translation UI – Exploring the UI to make translation customizations.
14. Intro to content and configuration – Exploring extent of multilingual support for content and configuration.
15. Configuration translation basics – Exploring core features for translation.
16. Configuration translation development – Helping developers work with configuration translation.
17. Content translation basics – Discussing the Content translation module.
18. Core content translation workflow – Using workflows to specify how the content is translated
19. Content translation development – Using APIs to translate entities
447. Multilingual Blog View With no Duplicates – And no post omissions
448. Building a new multilingual Drupal 8 site – Using an example
449. Drupal 8 Mobile Initiative – [19-Minute Video]
450. Mobile-focused – Drupal 8 is highly mobile-friendly!
We hope you find these links useful. Get in touch with us if you feel more links should be added to this list. You can share the links in the comment box below.
Another D8 custom field tutorial - countries and addresses examp
My colleague did a presentation at Drupalcamp London and then did a write-up for a blog:
Thanks so much for compiling and sharing.
You did god work :)
God Work! @[email protected]
Great share Jojy. Here is
Great share Jojy. Here is another one talks about how to migrate from WordPress to Drupal: http://www.cloudways.com/blog/migrate-wordpress-to-drupal/